SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN      
Forgot Password?

Poultry Meat Processing in the UK: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Poultry Meat Processing Market Research Report | SIC C10.120 | Nov 2016

Flying high: Demand for industry products remains strong and encourages revenue growth

IBISWorld’s Poultry Meat Processing market research report can be used to help you: understand market size and growth potential; major companies; draft business plans and pitch books; and conduct benchmarking and SWOT analysis. Our industry analysis highlights macro industry trends in the overall sector and micro trends faced by companies that do business in the industry. The industry report also provides key industry statistics and 5-year forecasts to anticipate future industry prospects so you can decide with confidence.

Report Snapshot
Market Share of Companies
2 Sisters Food Group 2 Sisters Food Group market share
Hillesden Investments Ltd Hillesden Investments Ltd market share
Moy Park Limited Moy Park Limited market share
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
£5bn
Annual Growth 12-17
3.0%
Annual Growth 17-22
Purchase to read more
Profit
Purchase to read more
Employment
26,386
Businesses
100
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

The Poultry Meat Processing industry has performed well over the past five years. Industry operators process chicken, turkey, goose, duck and other fowl. About 80% of processed poultry products are sold raw, while the remaining 20% are ready to cook or fully cooked value-added products. Value-added poultry products include seasoned, marinated, crumbed and battered meats or cuts useful for snacks, entertaining or meals. The industry's major downstream markets are retailers and food-service operators. Over the five years through 2016-17, industry revenue is expected to grow at a compound annual rate of 3% to reach £4.9 billion.

While the ongoing supermarket price war has weighed on chicken processors in recent years, chicken has remained a staple household protein... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Key Buyers Chapter

Market share concentration in the Poultry Meat Processing industry is medium. The top four firms are expected to have a combined market share of 61.1% in 2016-17. Supermarkets represent the largest market, accounting for 62.7% of industry revenue. For this reason, the industry's major companies have been competing frantically for supermarket supply contracts over the past five years. In those markets that fall outside grocery retailing, the level of concentration is much lower. The Poultry Meat Processing industry supplies products to many markets, including industrial processors and participants in the food-service industry like restaurants and caterers.

Merger and acquisition activity has been chiefly responsible for increasing concentration in the industry. The.. purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Poultry Meat Processing Industry?

Firms in this industry operate slaughterhouses engaged in killing, dressing or packing poultry. Operators purchase live poultry and produce fresh, chilled or frozen meat in individual portions. Feathers and down are included as industry products and rendering of edible poultry fats is considered an industry activity.

Industry Products
Whole chickenCuts of chickenTurkeyGoose, duck and other fowlOffal, feathers, down and fats
 
Industry Activities
Chicken processingTurkey processingDuck processingGoose processingGame bird processing Feather and down selling


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients