SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Primary Education in the UK: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Primary Education Market Research Report | SIC P85.200 | Aug 2014

Back to school: The industry is adapting to recent legislative and funding changes

IBISWorld’s Primary Education market research report offers insightful industry analysis and research into the market at the national level. IBISWorld’s in-depth industry market research is presented in a logical and consistent format. The industry report contains key industry statistics, market size, industry trends, and growth and profit forecasts for a 5-year outlook period.

Report Snapshot
Market Share of Companies
There are no companies with a dominant market share
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
£32bn
Annual Growth 10-15
0.5%
Annual Growth 15-20
Purchase to read more
Profit
Purchase to read more
Employment
537,508
Businesses
19,682
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

The Primary Education industry teaches almost 5 million students across the United Kingdom. The industry does cover independent schools, but 93% of primary school pupils attend state-funded schools, including academies and free schools. Independent schools enrol the remaining 300,000 pupils. Primary schools have largely been spared from the spending cuts announced by the government in late 2010. Funding has risen throughout the five years from 2009-10 in nominal terms. However, this translated into minor decreases in real revenue over the three years though 2012-13.

The government has converted a number of local authority-maintained primary schools into academies, which are centrally funded... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Analysis Chapter

The United Kingdom has almost 20,000 primary schools that enrol approximately 5 million children. Publicly funded state schools, free schools and academies enrol approximately 93% of primary school students, so industry revenue is mostly derived from government funding. Government funding is generally tied to the number of school enrolments, which strongly correlates with the school-age population. The other 7% of primary school students are enrolled in privately funded independent schools. These schools get most of their revenue from tuition fees and donations, so their financial situations are more susceptible to changing economic factors such as movements in household disposable income... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Primary Education Industry?

Operators in the industry provide education and academic courses for children aged between four and 11. Primary schools cover the foundation stage and Key Stages one and two, which provide students with an elementary understanding of core subjects. Most primary schools are publicly funded and do not charge tuition, but the industry does include privately funded independent schools.

Industry Products
Maintained schoolsAcademiesIndependent schoolsSpecial schools
 
Industry Activities
Operating primary schools


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients