SEARCH   
MEMBER LOGIN    

Fund Management Activities in the UK: Market Research Report

Market Research • Market Size • Industry Statistics • Industry Analysis • Industry Trends

Fund Management Activities Market Research Report | SIC K66.300 | Dec 2014

Active management: Strengthening confidence and financial markets support steady growth

IBISWorld’s Fund Management Activities market research report can be used to help you: understand market size and growth potential; major companies; draft business plans and pitch books; and conduct benchmarking and SWOT analysis. Our industry analysis highlights macro industry trends in the overall sector and micro trends faced by companies that do business in the industry. The industry report also provides key industry statistics and 5-year forecasts to anticipate future industry prospects so you can decide with confidence.

Report Snapshot
Market Share of Companies
BlackRock, Inc BlackRock, Inc market share
Legal & General Investment Management Legal & General Investment Management market share
Industry Statistics & Market Size
Revenue
£17bn
Annual Growth 10-15
8.2%
Annual Growth 15-20
Purchase to read more
Profit
Purchase to read more
Employment
31,944
Businesses
1,267
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends

The UK Fund Management Activities industry is the second largest in the world and the largest in Europe. The funds under management (FUM) by the industry are expected to reach £5.5 trillion in 2014-15. Industry revenue comes predominantly from management fees, which are normally calculated as a percentage of FUM. Revenue is expected to grow at a compound annual rate of 8.2% over the five years through 2014-15, reaching £16.8 billion. Although this suggests that the industry is expected to grow at a robust pace, growth has been boosted by the significant declines registered during the financial crisis... purchase to read more

Industry Report - Industry Products Chapter

According to the Investment Management Association, the proportion of third party assets that were actively managed stood at 65% in 2013, while the remaining 35% were passively managed. An active fund is intended to outperform the market average by choosing stocks that offer higher returns. In contrast, a passive fund is a collective fund that tracks rather than tries to beat the index. Passive funds invest in companies in accordance with the constituents of an index.

The range and sophistication of financial products are expected to grow over the next five years. Products that manage risk and volatility in returns better are likely to become more popular... purchase to read more

 


Industry ProductsRelated ReportsTable of Contents

What is the Fund Management Activities Industry?

This industry includes portfolio and fund management activities provided on a fee or contract basis for individuals and businesses. It covers firms operating and managing assets in the United Kingdom for both domestic and overseas clients.

Industry Products
EquitiesFixed-income assetsCashProperty
 
Industry Activities
Managing mutual fundsManaging pension fundsManaging other investment funds


View Sample
Quote
Select Clients